Benefits of chiropractic care for pregnant women
- Helps pregnant women prepare for various physical and hormonal changes
- Aligns and stabilizes the pelvis and spine, for an easier birth delivery
- Keeps the spine, discs, and nervous system healthy and free of interference
An expecting mother’s body will experience many changes over the course of a pregnancy. The focus of chiropractic is to help maintain a healthy spine and nervous system. By assuring both the spine and the nervous system are healthy, the mother and baby will be healthier during the pregnancy and have an easier time in the birth process.
An interference-free nervous system allows pregnant women to better face the physical and hormonal changes (increase spinal curves due to center of gravity change, abdominal protrusions, gestational diabetes, etc) experienced as the baby develops. Chiropractic helps to correctly position and stabilize the pelvis aiding in an easier and shorter birth process.
Chiropractors uses the art and the science of adjusting specific joints and spinal segments that are misaligned, to reduce spinal nerve tension and helps in the overall health of the body. It is a very safe and effective way to maintain the health of mothers and their children, before, during, and after pregnancy.
What are the benefits of chiropractic for pregnant women?
- Increases overall health during pregnancy.
- It eases the work done during labor and reduces birthing times.
- Eases low back, neck, and joint pain without medications.
- Eliminates morning sickness.
- Reduces the need for cesarean deliveries by 30-50%.
- Natural, safe and effective.
How can chiropractic help if the baby is breech?
“82% of breech babies turned naturally when chiropractors used the Webster Technique.” This balances the pelvis and reduces unnecessary stress on the uterus and supporting ligaments, helping to avoid breech deliveries.
Pregnant women receive chiropractic care throughout the pregnancy to stabilize and balance the pelvis/pelvic floor which helps to enhance the proper development during pregnancy. With a balanced pelvis, the baby has a higher chance of being in the correct birthing position thus making it safer for both the baby and the mother.
To help with any of these problems, there are chiropractors who specialize in prenatal and postnatal care with the certification from the ICPA (International Chiropractic Pediatric Association). Kephra Froehlich received his advanced certification in 2009.