Benefits of chiropractic care for Fibromyalgia
- Helps to decrease muscle pains
- Increase proper body movement
- Increases mental and physical well being
Fibromyalgia affects 3-6% of the population and is a very difficult illness to diagnose. It causes muscles to continuously contract losing their natural flexibility and decreasing overall movement of the spine.
Chiropractic care can be very beneficial for those who have fibromyalgia because it can help prevent abnormal muscle spasms and increase overall movement of the spine and body.
What causes Fibromyalgia?
- The cause of fibromyalgia is unknown. Although it has been linked to sever infection, extreme stress, cervical lesions, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, hypothyroidism…
- Fibromyalgia causes loss of normal movement of the spine by decreasing neurological reflexes and provoking the muscles to further contract.
- The vicious cycle will continue and over time will cause increased pain, decreased muscle function, loss of normal movement, difficulty sleeping…
What can a chiropractor do to help?
Chiropractic adjustments can help with fibromyalgia
“Chiropractic care increased cervical and lumbar movement and helped to decrease pain levels noted by the patients.”
“Chiropractic adjustments and nutritional advice given by my chiropractor helped with the fibromyalgia and helped me feel better each day.”
At Puravida Quiropractica we want to help with your Fibromyalgia pain which is why we offer free informative sessions each week so you can see if chiropractic can help you.